Hail dark friends,
The area where the liches and I reside have been unusually quiet as of late. Odd.
Perhaps the goings-on in Trinsic have distracted the adventures? Perhaps the word is out that killing a lich means certain death? I know not what the reason, but it brings me relief.

I will pay no mind to it and instead venture down to the dragon lair. There are always some adventures there and oft times lawbreakers.

[Linked Image from game-master.net]

Now this noble should indeed know better than to hunt here without the red scarf.
My brother Katmai would be appalled at the carnage as well.
I shall put an end to this criminal and make sure to leave him with a blood-drenched scarf so that he may be properly dressed next time he should come to my home.

I approached quietly as Watts was poisoning this dragon. I stepped into the open and began my assault.
I chose a pure melee attack, as I prefer to rotate my attacks when the situation allows.

Watts, was not much of a fighter nor able to heal himself.
Watts died quickly and with little pain.

Hmm, from the look of his belongings, he is a swordsman and understands the importance of the greater agility potion. I also notice many cure potions and no heal potions, perhaps this is why he could not heal?
I am a bit surprised he never took-up a weapon against me.

After leaving Watts with the basics for his return to the land of the living, I left for a bit to secure my newfound wealth.

Upon arrival to the inner caves where the lich are plentiful, I caught Vair red-handed killing a lich!

Vair, you have sealed your doom! For I have sent out many a ghostly warning and you have chose to ignore them all.
This is one message Vair, you will not be able to ignore.

I opened my attack with a magical paralyze / explosion combination followed by a deadly poisoned halberd hit.
This brought Vair dangerously close to death.
Pinned between Vair's horse and the cave wall, I drew my kantana and finished him.

Both Watts and Vair had nice loot which I can make good use of.

Feeling strong and confident after such a successful campaign, I was very pleased to see the Great Mianoumi riding about the caves.
Mianoumi and I have had many battles. He kills the lich and runs and hides whenever I show up to put a stop to him.

Time and again I have said "I beseech you Mianoumi, stand an fight me! Earn thy title!"

Last night was different, in a strange sort of way.
Mianoumi engaged me in battle! Maybe 8 or 10 times. But every time he would get low on mana, health, or fresh undergarments, he would run to town and repair himself while I stood outside waiting for him. Always waiting. I am not sure, but this must have gone on for an hour or two.

In my anticipation to kill this worm, I neglected my own needs. For while he was repairing himself in town, I was running dangerously low on greater heal potions and my blade was no longer poisoned.

Finally, a most humiliating defeat. For He had damaged me and I went for a greater heal potion and there was none. I then put away my blade in an effort to cast heal when Mianoumi, with some of the sloppiest swordsmanship I have ever seen, struck a good blow.
This blow sent great pain through my body as this blade was poisoned as well.

Yes, I died at Mianoumi's hand.
But even the blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.

Mianoumi, enjoy your victory while you still can. For you and I are at war!
Scarf or no scarf, lich or no lich, you will die should I find you in Wind.

I do thank you for returning my things. I will return this same favor.

Until next time,
Adam Ant

Last edited by Adam Ant; 01/08/2022 12:48 AM.