Hail dark friends,

My heart gladdens at the news that our glorious Captain has returned to duty.
All Hail Captain Jade!

My duties as Guardian have kept me quite busy of late. The heathens are relentless in their pursuit of gold and fame and are quite oblivious to the laws the Guardians have set forth.

Last eve I made my way through the halls of Shame, first to the elder gazer room, then to the first floor.
I was pleased when I saw fellow Guardians smerx and Prok on patrol--ever watchful.

When I entered the first floor of Shame, I observed Dalen beating on the local creatures.

Ah! Fair Dalen, you look quite dashing in your emerald green armor, but you lack the requisite blood-drenched scarf to ensure safe passage.

[Linked Image from game-master.net]

Dalen did well against the dumb beasts and was able to put them down with just a few blows. “‘Tis a fine hammer you wield there master Dalen!”

I decided to soften Dalen with a bit of magic before standing against him in a melee assault. I opened with a paralyze spell followed by an explosion and an energy-bolt.
The combination did massive damage to Dalen and left him in grave condition.

This warrior was cleaver to realize his only hope was to distance himself from my blade for a brief moment to allow his bandages to take hold… It was a good plan, for Dalen healed himself completely and turned to face me like the true warrior he is.

His hammer was causing me great discomfort and his shied was fending-off my assault. I soon realized a change in tactics was called for… I switched to deadly poison!

Ah, this did the trick.
The combination of melee and deadly poison was too much for this warrior to bear and he fell at my feet after putting up a gallant fight.

‘Twas an unfortunate thing it ‘twas.
Master Dalen returned to his corpse while I was still looting.
Not knowing his intentions, I was forced to lay him low one last time.

I left this warrior a deathback which contains all that is needed to return home and learn the ways of the Guardian.

Ah, these are exceptional weapons and armor! They will make fine additions to the GUL armory.

Take heed warrior Dalen, and tell your friends of our encounter. For we Guardians mean you no harm, and will leave you to your business as long as you abide by the laws of the Guardians of Undead Lords.

Until next time,
Adam Ant

Last edited by Adam Ant; 01/08/2022 12:33 AM.